Liz Tucker is an AfN Registered Nutritionist working as a food and nutrition industry advisor, employed to assess nutritional values and regulatory compliance and improve or develop healthier, ecologically sustainable products. She is a lecturer and adviser in labelling, nutrition and health claims regulations and works as a consultant for related organisations and associations. She has had an extensive media career, writing for national publications and presenting on radio and television, is a publish author and a regular speaker at food shows and health conferences. Living on a small farm on the Welsh borders she also speaks and campaigns with experience on sustainable farming issues and food production.
Main Professional Qualifications
- Registered Nutritionist (AfN)
- BSc Hons
- BA Hons
- Post-graduate Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine
Patients with Celiac Disease are Increasingly Overweight or Obese on Presentation Published in Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases 2012
The Incidence of Obesity Among Patients with Celiac Disease dissertation Poster presentation Gastro 2009, International Amsterdam Symposium and Nutrition & Health Live 2009.
- Member and Welsh representative of Association of Nutrition
- Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of Nutritionists in Industry
- Member of SENSE
- Member of Institute of Health Promotion and Education
- Member of Association of Health Writers
Work includes -
- Advisor within the food and health industry, employed to assess the nutritional values of food and regulation aspects, improve or develop healthier, more ecologically sound products for the consumer.
- Work in academic research, advise and negotiate collaboration between science and commercial interests.
- Consultancy work with various health, food and ecological organisations and associations and speaker at shows, conferences and exhibitions.
- Writing and presenting for national magazines, newspapers, television and radio and published author of health books.
Liz will be the trainer at the following workshops:
Allergies Awareness in Foodservice
- Tuesday 10th September - Manchester
- Wednesday 11th September - Birmingham
- Tuesday 17th September - London
- Wednesday 9th October - Leeds
- Tuesday 22nd October - London
- Wednesday 23rd October - Bristol